Toastmasters Advanced Communication Series.
Public Relations. Project 1. The Goodwill Speech.
- Prepare a talk that will build goodwill for your organization by supplying useful information of interest to the audience.
- Favorably influence the audience by skillful and friendly delivery of your talk
Time: Five to seven minutes.
Each one of us is a leader. We may just have different leadership styles. This talk and exercise* will help you to identify your particular style.
*using material by Brenda Herchmer from Active Engaged Creative Communities (http://acecommunities.ca/)
Speech Evaluator Comments
- The audience was curious about the topic
- Use remote control to improve the flow
- Watch out “pen in hand” when talking
- Suggestions for a stronger opening
- A YOU question: “What kind of leader are YOU?”
- A story: “I had a boss whose leadership style was …”
- Good energy, body language, eye contact and pace